Monday, October 3, 2011

The John Deere Way

So to start this post off, I want to first tell you how proud of my husband I am.  He has an amazing job and is even more amazing at it.  He works so hard to provide for us and is truly the most amazing and hard working  man I know.  I got the opportunity of seeing where all the magic happens this past weekend.  Not only did I get to see his work place but I got to see his NEW work place.  John Deere has been building this new building for a while and they finally got to move in 2 weeks ago.  It is a "green" building (not John Deere green!), everything in the building is made out of recycled materials or natural stone.  It is beautiful!  I sure wouldn't mind going to work there everyday!  So like a teenagers mother who constantly embarrasses them, I took my camera with me.  I tried to get as many pictures without being the creepy wife.  I know the pictures don't do it justice but I hope you enjoy them anyway!


They brought in equipment for the Grand Opening

Back in the late 1800's all the John Deere buildings had a bronze deer out front.  Over the years they slowly disappeared.  They found them in a warehouse and started displaying them again.  This is one of the last ones.  His name is Hershey, he looks like he is chocolate.
The Grand entrance!  I wish I could have gotten it all.  Off the right was a waterfall down the wall with a copper backing.  To the left is a hallway with meeting rooms and the cafeteria. 

Ty's cube!!!  He gets to be right next the window on the 2nd floor.

The view from his cube:


One of the meeting rooms
Another meeting room.  This building has tons of windows!
A small meeting room. They all have different names.  This one is representing good ol' DC!  HAD to get a picture!

Apparently its a common thing for birds to fly into all the windows.  There are these birds "prints" all over the windows.  I am sure this bird is fine though...... 

The cafeteria.  They have outdoor seating that overlooks the lake.  Its beautiful!

A new sprayer that was displayed.
A new 9670

This is the entrance to when you pull into the drive

They even have a lake with a fountain when you enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment