Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Office Space

After 3 days I finally finished the office and it is now a guest room AND an office!  Clever, huh?  With the help of my trusty side-kick: Ami, this room looks completely different, and the best part is???? I did it all for $68!  Luckily I had some paint left over from our bedroom (refer to "The Big Reveal" post) so that was "free".  A new desk, a few baskets and a little elbow grease were all we needed.  The room before was purple-a pretty gray/purple I had painted for my husband and put all of his K-State memorabilia up on the walls.

  The desk before was giant.

  You know what, that's an understatement, this thing was monstrous!  Not to mention, not the prettiest thing.  The previous owner had left it in the room because of its size, it physically could not fit through the door unless you smashed it up into a million pieces.  Which is exactly what Ami and I did.  With a hammer.  


After the demolition, we realized we had better find a desk, and QUICK!  I found this adorable desk at walmart for only  $40.  Wow what a steal! It cant have THAT many parts.  Wrong.  It had so many parts.  And screws that you had to screw at an angle.  Lots of them.  Thank God for Ami, I would have never gotten it done with out her.  Next up:  the closet.  

This is how a guest room closet looks inside, people.  If you say yours doesn't, you are lying.  Unless you are my grandma in which everything is always beautiful and tidy or Martha Stewart.  But you aren't my grandma nor Martha Stewart.  So you have a messy guest room closet.  Naturally mostly everything in here is junk and can be thrown out, that's what you do with junk, you stack it high behind doors of a closet.  Its human.  So after sorting through and throwing most of the stuff away or putting it in boxes for storage in the basement, the closet was soon empty.  After removing the doors, we now have an extension to the bedroom!  Which I have macgyvered into a cute little closet office.  To match the desk I spray painted an antique chair of my grandmas black (yes, the tidy grandma) .  It was a light yellow and didn't match anything.  Not it looks super chic.  
What happened to all the K-State memorabilia, you ask?  Well its still going in the room.  The plum colored drapes and accent pillow on the bed bring in the purple for the K-State memorabilia to match as well as Ty's K-State diploma.  We haven't hung them yet, I am waiting for Ty to help with that.  He is tall.  And a man.  They do stuff like that better.  Alright, I wont keep you waiting anymore, here is the room:






No comments:

Post a Comment