Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dabbling in a different decor

Fall is nearing closer everyday, everyone knows what that means!  Yes folks, if we are lucky, possibly a week of blissful weather before the harsh winter gets here.  Why does fall have to go so fast?!  I wish I could keep it around a bit longer, so I do.  I decorated the house with not only fall trimmings but Halloween as well.  If you know me, you know that I LOVE to decorate for the holidays.  I have even conned my husband into letting me decorate for Christmas the week before Thanksgiving.  After all, it is deemed the most wonderful time of the year.  Obsessed? No. Just ask Martha, she is known for going over the top with decorations and look how successful she is.  And if you are asking yourself:  Is Jeni going to put up photos of decoration ideas she learned from Martha this Christmas?  Then the answer is yes.  Phew, glad we got that covered. The anticipation was almost unbearable.  I am more than thrilled to get decorating for Christmas.  But, for now, I have to pace myself and focus on the holiday at hand.  I never have really decorated for Halloween.  Growing up the main focus was on Christmas, but never really Halloween or Thanksgiving.  This year I have tasted the waters of new decor.  Thanks to hobby lobby and a little elbow grease I have officially decorated for Thanksgiving and Halloween-a month early :)


The centerpiece on the dining room table.  The hubby named the bird of course, but I don't like to get too attached. 

OOOOOOOO, Scary mantle!!!! Kidding.  We really do clean and don't have giant spiders and birds living in our house. 


The Entryway.  I made the wreath for $10.  Pretty thrifty, eh?

Soon my pretty pink flowers with die and another mum will replace them, but for now summer is still in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment