Monday, September 5, 2011

The Reveal

Today I am posting before and after photos of our bedroom wall color.  We started redoing our bedroom a few months ago and thought the wall color was "ok" to leave.  Well, my husband should have known at some point this would become one of our projects as well.  And by project, I mean PROJECT.  Our ceilings are not only very high in our house but the builders decided they should put little "cubbies" near the ceiling.  They serve no purpose what-so-ever but to collect dust and if you ever try to decorate them it just looks cluttered and a bit trashy.  I bring these up because not only are they dust collectors but they are real joy to paint.  Not.  This involves my 6' 5" husband getting on a giant ladder, meant for outside use, painting these handy little "cubbies".  All the while, me, standing safely on the ground, yelling out spots that he has missed.  Its a fun project and great for any couple that needs a little test of your marriage.  But we finished it in record time and were very proud of our work.  We love the color and couldn't be happier (Ty is also happy that I promised this is the last time we will ever paint in this room).  P.S. the master bath is next :)

Here is a picture of the master before we decided to redecorate this past Spring:



After the redecorating of Spring 2011:




We made the Headboard from plywood, batting, some yummy fabric and a few staples. I can come on your show and do a tutorial if you want, Martha?!!  Gucci, our kitty, of course had to do a little Marilyn Monroe posing for me.


And FINALLY!!! The new paint!!!:
Sorry for the weird spot, dunno what was going on with the camera.




Here is a peak of the masterbath, expect that to be done in a few months (I hope!)


No comments:

Post a Comment