Thursday, October 13, 2011

The mad cupcake scientist


   When I am asked to bring cupcakes for something my mind instantly goes into this weird warp and I turn into some strange robot that must find the best cupcake recipe known to man. After blacking out for a few hours and becoming some mad cupcake scientist, I have before me delicious cupcakes ready to be gobbled up.  Don't worry, I am never injured in the blacking out process.
   Ty and I had a couples babyshower to attend on Tuesday night and I was asked to bring the cupcakes.  Of course, I was ecstatic!  I instantly went to researching cupcake recipes.  Let me tell you, I always love unique recipes and will try all the weird ones JUST to see what they taste like.  This time was different though, I wanted something basic, but better than just the basic.  The best basic.  So I went with a chocolate cupcake and peanut butter frosting.  I, on the other hand, don't really like just making chocolate cupcakes.  I feel like they always come out kind of dry or just not the right flavor.  This time I finally found my go-to chocolate cupcake recipe.  Sour cream chocolate cupcake.  Its so moist, dense and delicious!  On to the frosting.  I. along with most chocolate cupcakes, hate frosting.  Probably 95% of the frosting I make has a cream cheese base.  It keeps it from getting too sweet.  So naturally I made a cream cheese peanut butter frosting.  It turned out better than I had expected, it tasted exactly like the inside of reeses pieces!  (Martha, feel free to steal this recipe for your website.  Email me and I will send you the secret recipe)  Enjoy the pictures, they aren't quite as yummy as the cupcakes actually tasted.


  

That same day I was asked to make cupcakes for Ty's work.  They were having a bake sale and he volunteered my cupcakes.  This one I wanted to do something crazy and completely out of the ordinary.  I found this recipe and HAD to try it.  Cream soda cupcakes with browned butter frosting.  Yes, browned butter frosting.  DELISH!  This was not cream cheese based but it had browned butter, enough said.  The cupcake was good, I didn't think it was amazing but it was good.  Ty's work loved them so that made me happy.  I thought they were adorable, so enjoy these pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment